What's your temperature?


Every now and then I like to do a little spiritual health check.  I take a quiet moment to see where I am in my heart.

What I mean by that is, it's a bit like taking your temperature.  When you want to see if there's anything amiss in your body, one of things you do is take your temperature. Likewise, spiritually there are certain things that tell me what's going on in my heart.  

Being angry or short-tempered v being patient and joyful; worshipping and praying v moaning and complaining; being full of gratitude or criticism - these are all things that show me something about my focus.

Sometimes we need to stop and take our spiritual temperature.  How have I been this week?  Have my words been kind; have I been thankful; have I been patient?

When my focus is on the fleshly, things, the fruit I exhibit is very different to when I focus on the spiritual things.  Galatians 5:19-23 (NLT) puts it this way "When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarrelling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.  But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!"

Sometimes, I need to just take my spiritual temperature, so I can help get my focus back on the right track.   It's not to condemn myself, because the bible tells me that there is no condemnation for those in Christ ...(Romans 8:1) but I don't want to be a person that allows my flesh to dominate my life.  I want to be spirit-led every minute of every day, and to that end, I like to take my temperature and take the gosp-pill to bring myself back to the right temperature!  

Have a great weekend.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

See for yourself!