Tired?

This week, we've had the honour of hosting a team of students from Charis Bible College Atlanta.  It's been a lot of fun.

We've laughed and cried and prayed and chatted as they have been ministering and learning here.

One of the things I thought was interesting was how, despite later nights and early mornings, I am not as tired as you might have expected.  As I considered this,  I realized that when we are doing the things God designed us to do, there is a supernatural energy that comes from doing it!

If you're weary and tired, I would suggest that it's time to look at what you're doing. Being in the wrong role will often result in being burnt out or discouraged.

I know that every day is not going to necessarily be wonderful and perfect, no matte what we do, but in general, if you feel drained and tired from your day's activities, then something is out of place.  There is a sweet fulfillment that comes with working in the way God created us to.

God has made you unique and with gifts and talents.  Maybe you don't know what the plan is yet, but I think that God puts in us a love for what we are called to do, and there is a joy and strength; an energy that fills my heart when I am doing certain things. I believe that is what God has created me for.

Paul the Apostle spoke about not stretching himself beyond his measure.  He had boundaries.  He spoke in another place about how he didn't baptize many folk, as that wasn't what he was there for.

We need to figure out what God has placed in our hearts to do.  You may not know all the details of what God has for you, but look for opportunities that involve doing the things that make you come alive and inspire you.  Don't try and do what you're not meant to.  It will be a hard slog, and in the end will leave you feeling tired and burdened.  

Have a great weekend!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

Looking back