A little reflection

It's often easy to look at ourselves or others and simply refer to that as a guide for who we, or someone else, is.

We can see ourselves as fat, skinny, old young, educated, stupid or as the sum of everything that has happened to us, but the truth is, none of that is not who we are.

We can look at ourselves in the mirror and see a little, inadequate reflection.  

It's easy to meet others do the same, based on what we see, but Paul tells us that this is not the way to look at one another any more .

2 Corinthians 5:16 (TPT) 
So then, from now on, we have a new perspective that refuses to evaluate people merely by their outward appearances. For that’s how we once viewed the Anointed One, but no longer do we see him with limited human insight.First we must begin to see ourselves as God sees us, and then we can apply the same measure to others we meet.  

Lauren Daigle puts it beautifully in her song "You say"

I keep fighting voices in my mind that say I'm not enough
Every single lie that tells me I will never measure up
Am I more than just the sum of every high and every low
Remind me once again just who I am because I need to know
You say I am loved when I can't feel a thing
You say I am strong when I think I am weak
And you say I am held when I am falling short
And when I don't belong, oh You say I am Yours
And I believe
What You say of me
The only thing that matters now is everything You think of me
In You I find my worth, in You I find my identity


God sees things differently to us.   He sees our true value based on his love; he's delighted in us; he sees potential and 
possibilities.  He saw our failures and blotted out all that would get in the way of our relationship with him.   Now he sees us, just as he sees Jesus. 
When we look into the mirror of God's Word, we can see how he see us, and in time, we will look and see ourselves that way -like the picture above - as a King instead of a pawn.  Next we can apply the same filters when we look at others. Can you imagine the difference it would make in the world if we did that!?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

Looking back