Me Time

Today we had our first Ladies Conference at Hill Park Baptist Church in Fareham.  I got to minister with my good friends Leigh & Hazel and we had an amazing time. 

As I have been preparing for the conference and thinking about what I wanted to share, I was thinking about the popular concept of ME Time..   I totally get the idea, that we all need to take time out to be alone, do things that refresh and revitalize us, but the longer I live, the more I realize that what I really need is JESUS & ME Time! 

The thing that fills me most completely and sets me up ready for the day and activity ahead is spending time with Jesus. Just him and me.

My favourite Psalm is 91. I love it!   I've just got the first 4 verses here but the whole chapter is great, but the first bit says:

When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai, you are hidden in the strength of God Most High.  He’s the hope that holds me and the Stronghold to shelter me, the only God for me, and my great confidence.  He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy,  and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse. His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you.  You can run under his covering of majesty and hide.  His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm. Psalms 91:1-4 (Passion Translation)

You absolutely need to read the bible and pray, but it's not about a religious discipline or a check mark in a box.  It's all about letting Jesus love you, loving him in return and building that relationship with him.   Jesus didn't retreat from his disciples so he could catch a nap, or fix his hair or have a bit of peace and quiet.  He moved away so he could 100% focus on just him and the Father.  No distractions or interruptions and it filled him up enough to even go through his death,

Sitting in the shadow of the Almighty or hiding in him isn't about a vague concept, it's totally relational.   There are very few people in this world that I could just walk up to and sit on their lap.  But there one or two with whom I have a deep relationship with where I could do that.   It's all about relationship, trust and love.   It is the same with Jesus.

We are very good at making up rules and formulas but the very foundation of our faith is about a God who walked and talked with Adam and Eve in a garden. Relationship!

Jesus loves you.  That is one of THE most important truths you can ever encounter, and spending time with him finding out what that looks like is the most amazing thing you can do.  Everything else in your life will flow out of that.

Make sure you don't get lost in activity, stuff and distractions and pushing out your Jesus and You time.

Have a great day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

Looking back