I've started so I'll finish...

Do you remember the TV quiz show Mastermind when it was presented by Magnus Magnusson?  Whenever the buzzer sounded signifying the end of the round, if he had already started the questions, Magnus would say "I've started, so I'll finish" and the contestant would be able to hear the question and respond if they knew the answer.

The phrase 'I've started, so I'll finish' became synonymous with Mr Magnusson, but it made me think of this bible verse...

Phil 1:6 "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

The thing that spoke to me is that sometimes we hear the 'buzzer sound'  and think it's all over... but Jesus says 'I've started, so I'll finish'...

The buzzer can represent things coming to an end in our life - and sometimes we can think that we're beyond restoration, but Jesus tells us it's not over yet.  Until his return, we can be confident that he will continue the 'good work' he has begun in you!  No exceptions.  If he's started, he WILL finish!

Today's encouragement then, is to remember that no matter how we feel our 'round' has come to an end... it's not over until Jesus says it is... and he won't say that until he comes back for you!

Happy Saturday!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

Looking back