What will you leave behind?

Sitting here this week, reflecting on the news of our Queen's death, I have been struck by the profound effect she left on people that met her. So many amazing, funny, interesting and moving stories coming out, and while there are always those who can't say anything nice in times like this, my impression is, that those who met Queen Elizabeth II held her in high regard and speak only good things about her.

As I was watching some documentaries on her life, I was pondering the question of how others will speak of me when I am gone.  What kind of legacy will I leave behind?  While my reach, may not be as wide as that of the Queen of England, every person that we come into contact will receive something from us.

We are here as ambassadors of the King of Kings.  How we behave and treat people will leave people talking about us one way or another.

Today I was as I meditating on this, the verse in Colossians 4:5-6 (TPT) came to mind:

"Walk in the wisdom of God as you live before the unbelievers, and make it your duty to make him known. Let every word you speak be drenched with grace and tempered with truth and clarity. For then you will be prepared to give a respectful answer to anyone who asks about your faith."

The Queen lived her live with graciousness, a sense of duty, and a personal faith in Jesus that have touched the lives of many people for nearly 100 years!    I hope and pray that my legacy will be glorifying to God in the same way, if on a smaller scale. 

My prayers go to our new King, Charles III, and the family at this time. 

Comments

  1. Beautiful. I've been reflecting on the same thing...what kind legacy will we leave behind

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

It is finished