Breaking News

I am currently amazed at just how much power the media has over people.  The media says something and a vast majority of people, nod their heads and say to themselves "I saw it in the news.  It MUST be true!"  
Many Christians are doing the same, and yet when it comes to the Word of God, they cannot take what it says and believe it. 

I love this verse in Psalms 45. In the second half of verse 1 it says: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer. 

Sometimes you've got to read your bible and then let your tongue write your own story.  Let your 'news' be what God says it should be.  Write your own headlines!  What is your 'breaking news', relevant to where you are right now?  Is it "I am the healed of the Lord!", "I am loved by God",  "I am never alone",  "God accepts me",  "I've never seen the righteous forsaken"...

We don't have to let the world give us the news - Christians have THE BEST NEWS EVER!!  We should be spreading that around like gossip.   We should be taking the word and making the headlines.  

We have choices every day-  to let our mouths repeat and rehearse things in the natural, rubbish from the news, or every negative thing coming against us, or we can let our tongues be ready and quick to speak the Good News.   There's always annoying, difficult, horrible stuff that comes our way, but how we report on that, how we talk about it, how we headline it, will have a great impact on how we walk through it.   

So today.... what's your news story?  My front page headline today would declare:

"God is never gonna give up on me!"

What's yours?
Why not comment below with your own headline.  I'd love to know.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Looking back

Take it!