Wait!

This week as I munch my way through the chocolates in my Advent Calendar, God has been really
speaking to my heart.  I heard the Spirit ask "What are you preparing for?"

Working for the Church of England, I've learned a lot about the Church calendar.  For Anglican's the, the Church Year begins in Advent.   It is a solemn season of waiting, of holding back the tinsel and brightness of Christmas for a time of waiting.

Psalms 27:14 (KJV)
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD.

The Lord reminded me this week, that waiting isn't just a case of sitting around doing nothing.  Waiting in the bible verse above is about being expectant, looking for something eagerly, to hope for.  It is about expecting something to be at the end of the waiting. 

In bible times, Anna and Simeon in the temple both expectantly waited for the coming Saviour. They knew he was coming!  There was no doubt.  We don't have to wait for the birth of our Saviour, but we do wait expectantly on his promises and on his return!  John the Baptist's ministry was to tell the people to prepare their hearts to receive the coming saviour.   

So the question for today is this: What is it your are expecting from the Lord?  What are you waiting for with expectation?  What are you preparing your heart to receive from God?

Have a great weekend!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

Looking back