News-worthy

Really as believers we need to get a hold of the truth that we are in this world but we're not of it; we've been translated from the kingdom of darkness into the kingdom of light.  We need to be remember that we are different. 

All around me this week it's all fear and frantic behaviour! 

One of my favourite verses speaks of being kept in perfect peace when we keep our mind stayed on Jesus.

Are you worried about the Coronavirus?  Are you fearful about the stuff in the news?  Are you a believer! Then spend your energy on getting your mind stayed on Jesus your Lord and saviour!!

Even in the Old Testament we read (Deut 31:8):

"It is the Lord who goes before you; He will be with you.  He will not fail you or abandon you. Do not fear or be dismayed" (dismayed:  confounded, discouraged, broken down etc).

There is nothing new under the sun and God is unchangeable!   He goes before us and is with us!!  We need to put our money where our mouth is so to speak. 

I am reminded of the stories of those amazing saints who were slaughtered in the arena with the lions, many of them singing songs of praise to God as they went to their death!   Really, it puts us to shame with our moaning and complaining!

We are the people of God!  Psalms 18:2-3 (KJV Strong's) reminds us "The Lord is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust; my buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower. I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised..."

Let us be found with a song of praise on our lips this week, because this is the news-worthy truth, God is the answer, whatever the news has to offer!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

See for yourself!