Fear or Faith?

The Coronavirus has taken over the world!  Well at least the media!  People are selfishly stealing, panic buying and getting the knickers in a twist about the whole thing.

I don't want to debate its's severity or where it came from or any of those things, but what I do what do take the time to do today it to talk about a Christian response to this, or any of the other reports that come between now and the end of the world as we know it!


As Christians we need to get it into our heads that we are spiritual!  We're not just people in this world!  We are people filled with the Spirit of God living in our hearts!

If we are no different to those outside of Christ, then why bother?

In my daily reading plan, I have recently finished reading about the plagues God brought to Egypt which lead to Pharaoh eventually letting the people of God go!   Before anyone misrepresents that statement I certainly do not believe that God has anything to do with the coronavirus, but what I do know is that God is able to divide between his people and those who are not.  Through Moses, God tells Pharaoh 
Exodus 8:23 (KJV) And I will put a division between my people and thy people: to morrow shall this sign be.

We are different. God used another example when the people in the wilderness were bitten by snakes
In Numbers 21:8-9 (NKJV) we read:
Then the Lord said to Moses, “Make a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and it shall be that everyone who is bitten, when he looks at it, shall live.” So Moses made a bronze serpent, and put it on a pole; and so it was, if a serpent had bitten anyone, when he looked at the bronze serpent, he lived.

This is a type and shadow of things to come.   Jesus was like that bronze serpent in that he was lifted up (crucified) and all those who look to him will be healed.

Whatever plague or virus is forecast, we need to not be in fear.   The bible tells us that whatsoever is not of faith is sin! (Romans 14:23).  We have been given a full armoury against such things; fear, sickness, wiles of the devil (we have power, love, a sound mind, the shield of faith etc). As believers, we need to remember these things in the face of such an alleged 'crisis' 

Today whatever news we face, we need to remember that the same power that created the universe and raised Christ from the dead lives within us.  It's time that we started to open our mouths and agree with what God has to say about stuff, rather than what Facebook, YouTube, The Evening News has to say!  Open your mouth and speak excellent things!  Remember you get to eat of your words - so make sure what you're saying is the right thing!  The only way to be sure of that;  agree with God!

If you're still not convinced, I leave you with the words of the Psalmist from my favourite psalms (91 TPT )

When you sit enthroned under the shadow of Shaddai, you are hidden in the strength of God Most High. He’s the hope that holds me and the Stronghold to shelter me,
the only God for me, and my great confidence.  He will rescue you from every hidden trap of the enemy, and he will protect you from false accusation and any deadly curse.
His massive arms are wrapped around you, protecting you. You can run under his covering of majesty and hide.  His arms of faithfulness are a shield keeping you from harm.  You will never worry about an attack of demonic forces at night nor have to fear a spirit of darkness coming against you.
Don’t fear a thing! Whether by night or by day, demonic danger will not trouble you, nor will the powers of evil launched against you. Even in a time of disaster, with thousands and thousands being killed, you will remain unscathed and unharmed. you will be a spectator as the wicked perish in judgment, for they will be paid back for what they have done! When we live our lives within the shadow of God Most High, our secret hiding place, we will always be shielded from harm. How then could evil prevail against us or disease infect us? God sends angels with special orders to protect you wherever you go, defending you from all harm. If you walk into a trap, they’ll be there for you
and keep you from stumbling. You’ll even walk unharmed among the fiercest powers of darkness,
trampling every one of them beneath your feet! For here is what the Lord has spoken to me:
“Because you have delighted in me as my great lover, I will greatly protect you.  I will set you in a high place, safe and secure before my face. I will answer your cry for help every time you pray,
and you will find and feel my presence even in your time of pressure and trouble. I will be your glorious hero and give you a feast.  You will be satisfied with a full life and with all that I do for you.
For you will enjoy the fullness of my salvation!”




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Take it!

See for yourself!