Just like my dad!


I've often said that I am nothing like my parents.  They are both fairly quiet, more on the introverted side of life, while I on the other hand love the lime light and centre stage.  I've never been quiet and I don't know the meaning of the word 'shy'.

Then one day, I was with my husband, and I started really laughing about something, and my husband said to me "You laugh just like your mother!"

People often comment on how I look like one or other of my parents, even if I can't see a resemblance. I am sure that is true of us all really (not that you look like my parents of course).

In Genesis, God says "Let us make man in our image, after our likeness..."

All through the first chapter of Genesis as God creates life on the earth, He creates things that will "produce after their own kind".

The truth is that every living thing can only produce after it's own kind.  A tomato can't produce an apple; a pig can't produce a giraffe.  God himself is also like that. He chose to reproduce after his image and the result was us.

Sometimes we limit God in our lives because we do not see ourselves correctly. We ARE made in the image of God and in his likeness, not just in terms of appearance or our make up but in manner!

The Scripture says that as Jesus IS, so are we IN THIS WORLD (1 John 4:17). 

When we understand our 'genetics' and who our Father is, we can begin to see the true image of ourselves, and that will impact how we act.

We often consider things that are passed down through our family lines; we readily accept that personality traits, mannerisms, schools of thought or sicknesses can run through family members, but we find it difficult to grasp that when we get born again, we now have a new genetic code;  my Father is never sick; He has no lack; He is patient; He is never afraid! These are the things that God passes down to us!   

When we got born again, the bible says that we became new (2 Corinthians 5:17). Well, my body didn't change, and my mind still has to be renewed (Romans 12:1-2), so what changed? Well God is Spirit - so when he produced after his own kind, he gave us his Spirit.  (That is amazing in itself!)

We need to consider what that means in our lives, what it looks like.  If my Father only has health and I now have his spiritual DNA, I can walk in divine health and healing.  God is not worried; I can walk in peace. This is applicable in absolutely every area in my life.

When you look in the mirror, you need to see the Spiritual DNA of your Father.   See yourself as made in His image, after His likeness and remind yourself who you are.  When you do, you will change the way you react, behave and feel and you will experience a different kind of life!






Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Teabags and Popcorn!

Looking back

Take it!